Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not Me: The Acid Folk Remix Project
As you may know, for each of the last few Christmases, I've made a compilation CDR of classic psychedelic folk rock from the British Isles. Not sure I'm up to the task this year, as most of my recent listening/digging has been focused on other musical arenas. What I'm going to do instead is finally initialize a collaborative musical extravaganza I've been threatening to unleash for some time: The Acid Folk Remix Project.

Basically, the plan is to come up with a CDR featuring experimental remixes of classic psychedelic folk tunes from the late '60s/early '70s. At least some of these remixes will be created by yours truly but I'm also looking for input from third parties. Therefore, you - yes you - are invited to get involved by sending me a remix you've made, based on the work of some circa-1970 UK folky or other.

No comments: