Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Post-rocktoberfest 2008: The One That Got Away
Bizarrely enough, minutes after publishing my post on The True Cost of UK Post-Rock, I noticed that someone had put a vinyl copy of The Hair and Skin Trading Company's Jo in Nine G Hell up on eBay, with a starting bid of one pound. And you know what happened? I got outbid on the fucker!


I have to stop letting this happen to me. Regret is a terrible thing. So, this seems like as good a time as any to post my personal UK post-rock wish-list. If anyone could hook me up with a cheap vinyl copy of one or more of these recordings, I would be eternally grateful:

Butterfly Child - Tooth Fairy 12" and Eucalyptus 12"
Early singles on AR Kane's H.ark! label. Not sure Eucalyptus actually exists on vinyl, though.

Deadstock - Deadstock LP and Oedipus Sucks 10"
I believe that one of the Mordant Music guys was in this band. They sounded like "Blue" era Bark Psychosis. Again, I'm not entirely sure the album actually came out on vinyl.

Earwig - Under My Skin I am Laughing LP
Insides before they were called Insides.

The Hair and Skin Trading Company - Jo in Nine G Hell LP, Over Valence LP and Psychedelische Musique LP
The "other two" from Loop. The ones who didn't go on to form Main.

Laika - Good Looking Blues LP
Mainly for the excellent novelty rock single "Bad Times". I'd also accept the spangle-covered 7" of that song.

Moonshake - First 12"
On Creation and sounding remarkably shoegazy! This one has escaped my grasp a couple of times recently, actually but I did manage to steal the MP3s from teh intertubes.

Papa Sprain - May 12"
Another H.ark! rarity from the most mysterious post-rock act of all, this is about as desirable as rare records get, as far as I'm concerned. Hope to write about this band at greater length in the not-too-distant-future.

Seefeel - Quique LP
Fat chance of finding a cheap copy of this. Goes for a mint. I currently only have it on a US promo cassette!

The Third Eye Foundation - Semtex LP, Semtex 12" and In Version LP
Likewise, these are not dollar bin items, by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments: