Sunday, January 13, 2008


Popol Vuh 1971
A new release from Peter Rehberg's ever-reliable Editions Mego label is always something to await with anticipation. Still, the news that Mego will be putting out a 12" of Popol Vuh remixes by Mika Vainio and the mighty Haswell/Hecker is even-more-than-usually exciting. What a bizarre and wonderful idea! Surely, I'm the only person who loves Mego's digital abstraction and Popol Vuh's new-agey Krautrock in equal measure. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, though, let's just celebrate by watching this rather wonderful film of early PV that Josh Rose hipped me to.

Sorry about the dearth of "proper" blog posts. I really do have a lot on my plate right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippy bobbins..... You should have your labels.... x

Biggie Samuels said...

Shirtless bongo genius of the first order! Is it just me, or did the "i"s render weird? This is a coded message.