Tuesday, January 08, 2008

All Noisy on the Western Front
Unmissable for avant-minded Vancouverites: Fake Jazz moves up in the world!


And I quote...


"Fake Jazz Wednesdays presents … Fake Jazz Friday @ The Western Front
Friday January 11, 2008 at 8PM
Western Front, Vancouver
$5/7

An evening of experimental, underground and collaborative DIY music guest curated by Jeremy Van Wyck and Bill Batt, creators of Fake Jazz Wednesdays. This special edition of the weekly series features four local groups, Totally Ripped, Black Dicks, her jazz noise collective and B.C.V.C.O."

Did they say "Black Dicks"?

11 comments:

brad said...

black dicks is one of the few bands i've nearly been convinced to join... most of the reason i was nearly convinced was the name.

Biggie Samuels said...

I'm just worried about what kind of Google searches this post is going to show up in.

Christopher O said...

Mmmm, BCVCO...

Thanks for the lovely soirée by the way.

charlie m. said...

I think black dicks needs brad, to live up to their name basically.

Biggie Samuels said...

"Mmmm, BCVCO..."

Incidentally, it was BCVCO's Joshua Stevenson who told me about this show when he was dropping off the master for the next connect_icut LP, which is due out in May. Watch this space.

"I think black dicks needs brad, to live up to their name basically."

Hey! This comment box exists so that you people can insult me not each other!

brad said...

the spotlight can slightly deviate away from you for a moment.

are you actually gonna come out to this show?

Biggie Samuels said...

"the spotlight can slightly deviate away from you for a moment."

I don't accept that.

"are you actually gonna come out to this show?"

Almost certainly.

Barbara said...

SAM!

Thank you for the lovely party and for reminding me about Cluster. Downloading everything 1971-1976 plus the eno album to keep me company in the library this semester.

Biggie Samuels said...

See: it's all about me!

charlie m. said...

Well then to make up for it, definitely looking forward to the next connect_icut LP. Last years did make my top 10 list on Connexion. So feel the love mannnn

Biggie Samuels said...

I noticed that. Cheers.