Monday, September 03, 2007

Dial 604
It's the Greater Vancouver area code, of course but it's also the model number of the wonderful Dual record deck that I'm using at the moment. This little beauty was rescued about 18 months ago from a pile marked "Salvation Army" at the record store. It's been sitting in my closet since then.

Finally, I got around to persuading Kris to drive me out to see Mr Petersen in North Van. Mr Petersen is an elderly chap who has framed pictures of his cats in his workshop, so you know he's one of the good guys. He specializes in fixing Dual and Technics record players and he does a damn fine job.

Gotta tell ya, this Dual is the best record deck I've ever owned. It'll play anything you throw at it without a hitch. Horribly warped Kevin Ayers LP? No problem! Ridiculously bass-heavy Rhythm and Sound 10"? No problemo! It's doing a great deal to keep a rainy Labor Day weekend fun.

No comments: