Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ben Frost - Theory of Machines
Have I mentioned how awesome this is yet? Highly recommended by Mapadasical, available on vinyl, featuring a song called "We Love You Michael Gira" and sounding like a severely pissed off Boards of Canada... What's not to like?


This is already a strong wild-card contender for my 2007 top ten and will probably be battling Alog's excellent Amateur for the massive honour of being my electronica album of the year. It's a beautifully-paced collection of tense, cinematic drones and thunderous, distorted beats. It's ferociously beautiful and it demands your attention.

2 comments:

mapsadaisical said...

I wrote that some time ago, but I still love this record very much indeed...in fact I've been really impressed by everything Bedroom Community have released.

Biggie Samuels said...

Yeah, I've only heard a couple of things on Bedroom Community but I've been impressed enough that I just packaged up a copy of "LA" to send them.