Monday, June 04, 2007

Can't: Make It
It's not often that I get really excited about a musical event that's happening in Vancouver. Oddly, on the rare occasions that I do get - like - super psyched for a show,
I often only find out about it a few days in advance. Which always makes me think: if I didn't know about it until now, surely there are other people who would want to know about it but still haven't found out.

Therefore, as a public service, I am writing to inform you that Can't aka Jessica Rylan is playing at the Cobalt this Wednesday (6th). You may remember that I liked the Can't album New Secret so much that I put it in my 2006 top-ten even though it technically came out in 2005.

Jessica Rylan does something truly bizarre and unique with music/noise that I won't belittle with a short, inevitably trite description. Let's just say that if you live in Vancouver and you're looking for avant kicks, you seriously don't want to miss this show.

No comments: