Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Putting it on Wax (Slight Return)
The recent appearance of a Fennesz's Live in Japan as a limited vinyl edition on Oregon's Autofact records is a welcome, if somewhat puzzling, development. I actually bought a limited-to-100-with-silk-screened-cover version of this item during a trip to Portland a couple of years ago. I always took it to be strictly "fan club", if you catch my drift. But the new version certainly seems to be sanctioned. Perhaps Fennesz or Touch found out about the boot and got in touch with Autofact in order to bestow an official blessing.

Either way, this is a fantastic album and a great introduction to the world of Fennesz. It's great to see Live in Japan widely available on vinyl and I recommend it to you with no reservations. Go buy it but just remember that my copy is rarer than your copy.

So there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post thanks

Biggie Samuels said...

Thanks. No problem.