Friday, October 27, 2006

connect-icut.com
Yes, the connect_icut website finally exists.

Just a few things things I should mention:

1. At the time of writing, the new line-up for the Novermber 18 show is strictly to-be-confirmed.

2. Yes, that's a dash between "connect" and "icut". Seems you can't put an underscore in a URL.

3. There's some pretty exciting news about
upcoming releases, including the LA (An Apology) vinyl LP, which should be coming out on my own label CSAF in early 2007. This will be extremely limited, so tell me now if you want to reserve a copy.

11 comments:

charlie m. said...

Sam: I want this

and your starting a label you ambitious bugger? if you ever start releasing other bands give me a shout :p

Samuel said...

CSAF will not be a "proper" label. It will exist only as a loss-making, vanity publishing operation for connect_icut releases.

I would *like* to put out LPs by Charlie and Lim but, honestly, I'd never get it together.

charlie m. said...

yeah its pretty insane to pull off these days, i wish we could go back to the day when punk was dying out and people were willing to try something new, press a few hudnred lps and sell them ALL :)

Samuel said...

There are still plenty of labels willing to take a chance on some crazy artist and there are still plenty of consumers willing to buy the resulting records. Unfortunately, the available evidence suggests that these fine folks are not actually willing to take a chance on this particular crazy artist or to buy my records. Ho-hum.

charlie m. said...

their loss :)

Samuel said...

That's how I feel.

By the way, the LP should be available for pre-order on the website any day now.

Pockets said...

sounds good: do you get my emails to your g-mail account sam?

Samuel said...

Depends. Do I know you or are you some clever commentspambot trying to extract my secret Gmail address from me?

Pockets said...

just wondering because since I've started sending to you there I haven't gotten a reply ever :P

charlie m. said...

wow I must have been signed in as someone else the ones from "pockets" were from me...strange....

Samuel said...

I knew it was you when I saw the :P