Friday, August 04, 2006

Not Me - A Call for Collaborators
I've been working on a new musical project, which I've given the loose working title of Not Me. It basically consists of five sets of four one-bar musical loops created in Reason. There's also a Max patch that I've made to sequence the loops into live mixes/songs.

So far I've come up with two rough mixes from each of the sets of loops. The mixes are broadly somewhere between Basic Channel/Rhythm and Sound-style dub-techno and the avant-dubstep of the Hyperdub label. Did I mention dub?

What I'm looking for now is musicians/vocalists to add there own contributions to the existing mixes and also musicians/producers to create their own mixes from the loops. Max hackers are also welcome to screw with the Max Patch.

I can provide whatever you need via Yousendit or the snail mail - loops, mixes, the Max patch... even the Reason files I made the loops with.


I'm not sure where this is all going, though my fantasy would be a series of 12" or 10" singles. Right now, I'm trying to keep it as open as possible. So, if you want to get involved, shoot me an email to the usual address.

1 comment:

Dany said...

Hey I totally love Rythm and Sound and I'm totally down to collabourate.
sorce@fndmntl.com