Thursday, August 03, 2006


I, Wyatter or My Fear of the Square World

Shortly after publishing this post, I decided that it was far too personal and revealing. Therefore, I have now censored it to remove any unsuitable language and conent.

I'm not to first person to point out that The Impostume is the best thing to hit the blosphere in quite a while, but I thought it was about time I gave it a big-up. This post, in particular, struck a chord with me. Carl's concept of "ascetic bohemianism" is XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX for this here XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. Of course, it's hard not to declare oneself a XXXXXXXX (or indeed an XXXXXXX) without feeling like a XXXX, but what else is an XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX to do?

XX XXXXXXXXX, the XXX XXXXXXX XXX "XXXXXX" XXXXX XXX XXX "XXX" XXXXX is massive and seemingly XXXXXXXXXXXX. This is X XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX for me as I'm XXXXXXX XXXX-XXXX in a XXXXXX XXXXX while I XXXX XXX X XXX with - y'know - XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX and stuff. I actually XXXXXX XXX XX X XXXXX XXXXXXXXX for a seemingly decent enough XXX XXXX XXXX because I couldn't XXX XXXXXX being able to deal with XXX XXXXXXX'X quarterly, compulsory XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX (this is almost entirely true!) So, it's XXXXXXXXXX to me when Carl says...

"it just needs a certain amount of hunkering down, taking a deep-breath, letting the shackles of opportunity rust right off you until, hey presto! you'’ve condemned yourself to the life you always really wanted"

But I've never really XXXX XXXXXXXXXXX with the idea of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX. XXXXXXXX and XXXXX (or their contemporary equivalents) are about as XXXXX XX XX XX XXXXXXXXXXX and XXXs. More to the point, I've always XXXX XXXXXXXXX the fact that the only thing holding XXX XXXXXX and XXX XXXXXX together in some kind of XXXXX XXXXXXX is their shared XXXXX for XXXXXXX cheap XXXXXXX XX XXXXX, XXXXX and - gulp - XXXXXX XXX. So, again, I really feel XXXX X'XX XXXX XXXX when I read that someone has written...

"What we might be aiming for is a kind of systematic re-ordering of the senses within a culture that generally wants/needs us to be as maximally sensation-hungry as possible."

Two thumbs way up, mate. Keep up the good work.

No comments: