Monday, July 24, 2006

The Wirewool
I'm liking this blog more and more with every post.

Couldn't agree more with this assessment of Rhythm and Sound (which I would extend to their work as Basic Channel and Main Street)...

"Rhythm & Sound - Imprint
I planned on this weekend being an all-Rhythm & Sound and Terence Malick weekend. I didn't do so good, only managing to find the time for Badlands and the first Rhythm & Sound album, but hey, a classic's a classic. 'Imprint' is incredible, dub with only the echoes left intact, hypnotic, ghostly... for fuck's sake go and buy everything by them. EVERYTHING. Now.
"

I would hasten to add that the first Rhythm and Sound CD is actually out of print but it is entirely worth picking up each and every one of the 12"s said CD compiles. I'm fairly certain that they're all available.

No comments: