Thursday, June 08, 2006


Some Fairly Random Quotes from "Veronica Mars"

VERONICA VOICEOVER: This is my school. If you go here, your parents are either millionaires or your parents work for millionaires. Neptune, California, a town without a middle class. If you’re in the second group, you get a job; fast food, movie theatres, mini-marts. Or you could be me. My after-school job means tailing philandering spouses or investigating false injury claims.

VERONICA: Something wrong, Corny?
CORNY: Yeah, I came to get something out of my locker but I can't remember what it was. Mmrraa. [Turning to Veronica] Hey I was thinking of busting out of here. Maybe go to
White Castle. Wanna come with?
VERONICA: There's no
White Castle in Neptune.
CORNY: It's kind of an expression.

VERONICA: One of your campaign staff?
WANDA: I'm all about grass roots.
VERONICA: How do you account for your sudden popularity?
WANDA: Isn't it obvious? It's class warfare, the haves versus the have-nots. You more than anyone at school should understand that.
VERONICA: But it's more quotable if you say it out loud.
WANDA: Okay. The rich kids, they run things around here. They're the minority and they're corrupt. They get away with murder.

KEITH: The election's over, Woody. You sold your vision.
WOODY: [enthusiastically] I promised a cleaner, safer
Neptune. Want to know how I'm gonna get there? Incorporation. Turn our little county seat into a full-fledged city. Santa Barbara, Carmel, La Jolla, they all did it. Upped their tax base, turned that revenue into antique streetlamps, cobblestone streets, increased sanitation. I defy you to find graffiti in Carmel, Keith. It cannot be done. Here...
KEITH: What boundaries are we talking about?
WOODY: South to the marina, north to the airfield, east to the reservoir.

Keith grins.

KEITH: That's not a town, Woody, that's a...that's a country club.
WOODY: You're exaggerating. Nine thousand people would reside in the city of
Neptune. They'd need a chief of police. County would still have Lamb, twice the police protection, everybody wins.
KEITH: I wouldn't even be able afford to live in the town that I was protecting and serving.
WOODY: We'd make it worth your while.

2 comments:

JGrimmer said...

Keith/Woody.
When does that occur?

Samuel said...

Is this some kind of "Cheers" reference that I don't understand? Or are we talking "slash" fiction here? The thought of Keith/Woody slash is unappealing to say the least - especially as woody is...

Steve Guttenberg.

Let's leave it at that.