Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Oooh, my slideshow is going to be so awesome. Maybe some people will be lucky enough to see it used in the next few months.

Got another email from Fennesz. Once again, one of my heroes disappoints me by not being an obnoxious haunted artist type. Also, the new Wire magazine comes with a double CD featuring the track he did with David Sylvian, which is excellent. I'll be interested to hear what his work with Sparklehorse sounds like, mainly because I always thought they were crap.

In other news, here's what I'd say if I ever met Emmylou Harris: "Friends don't let friends get Daniel Lanois to produce their albums. If anyone told you Lanois was making you sound hip and contemporary, THAT PERSON IS NOT YOU FRIEND." Seriously, though, I LOVE her voice but the new album could be anyone. Not good.

That Matmos album, really is quite good, though - go Incredible String Band fans!

No comments: